Friday, September 21, 2012

Little Monster Birthday Bash

This monster bash was thrown for little Uriah's first birthday party. It was one of the hottest days
 of the summer, but a kiddie pool and some water balloons saved the day!



Mom made his big boy birthday tee with a big number one applique and the cutest little monster embroidered next to it. I recycled a large cardboard box to make the monster cutout photo opp.


Googly eyes tied everything to the theme and I had fun sticking them on everyone's cups. A sheet of paper and some craft paint turned this tissue box into a fun way to hold the silverware.


I made round sugar cookies and then decorated them with royal icing to look like eyeballs 
for the children's party favors.


Mom made the most adorable cupcakes. She used a marshmallow cut in half 
and a Junior Mint for each eyeball.



I made this monthly banner with photos of the birthday boy for each month, but it was soooo hot the tape wouldn't stick and I had nowhere to hang it. Everyone enjoyed in none the less!


The hit of the day (with the children and the adults) was definitely the photo booth props 
I made out of fun foam. I just cut the basic shapes out, added details with a thick
 permanent marker and then hot glued them to 1/4" wooden dowels. Couldn't be easier!








No comments:

Post a Comment