Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Easy Binky Keeper

Porter was, IS the kind of baby that loves his binky...18 months old and we did not meet our goal of giving it up as he still uses it for bedtime. I spent so much time in the beginning searching for a pacifier! He lost them left and right. So we invested in a binky keeper, you know the kind you buy from the store that you can clip on to their clothing. Problem solved, right? Not so fast! He easily pulled the clip off his clothing and lost it again and again! I decided to take matters into my own hands (with the helpful guidance of my crafty mother). I used vintage mitten clips. They're metal. They have round teeth that really attach it to the clothes and there was no pulling it off!! Hallelujah! I simply sewed two 10" pieces of decorative ribbon together, wrong sides together. I looped one end through the pacifier ring and sewed the end of the ribbon to itself to secure it in place. I inserted the other end of the ribbon in the mitten clip and voila~a binky keeper that works in under five minutes!


No comments:

Post a Comment