Tuesday, April 3, 2012

About Us: A "Co-Blog"



This little blog has many functions. I had this idea to start what I am calling a family “co-blog.” You see, my immediate family is the most talented and creative group of people I know. We are all extremely close and we quite possibly spend entirely too much time together. You will find many topics covered by all of us throughout this blog.

I am a (fairly) new and thrifty mother who has decided to (mostly) stay at home and care for my one year old son. I call downtown Kansas City my home. My lab (who thinks he’s actually a bear) and my boxer (who acts more like a princess than a dog) were my first babies. I am very family oriented, but still know how to get down with my girls every now and then too! I try my hardest to live an active and healthy life and to drag my husband along with me. I love baking and will always have a weakness for sweet treats.

So, from me you’ll find posts about the craziness that comes with raising a toddler, wholesome and healthy recipes that won’t break the bank, some beginner DIY craft ideas as well as interesting stories that everyday life brings. My passion is throwing parties, so any chance I get I will be documenting my many random soirees along the way.


From my “Co-Bloggers”…



My mom, Bethany, has been a huge inspiration to me my whole life. My younger sister teases me because she says I am slowly turning into my mother!  I have always called my mom a “Jane of All Trades.” She is one of those people who knows a little bit about everything-and a lot about a lot of things too! She is (to name a few) a jewelry maker, a seamstress, a chocolatier, a landscaper, a lover of all crafts…and she’s pretty handy with a set of tools too! I can confidently say that there are not a lot of things left in the world of DIY that she hasn’t tried yet. I imagine her posts shall be innovative, artistic and sometimes maybe a little out there but one thing they'll never be is dull!



My dad and his partner, David and Josh, are the kings of restoration.  Whether it’s flipping a house built in the 1930s or repurposing a jewel they found at an antique store, their work is always exquisite. They have impeccable taste and a gift of combining vintage and modern to create something beautiful. A lot of their inspiration comes from all things mid-century. Stay posted to see their awesome work in before and after form!



My sister, Megan, is an aspiring fashion designer. She has created several unique collections for women and I am always stoked to see what she will do next. For the first time in our lives we currently live thousands of miles apart and my wardrobe is suffering from it. She is one of those lucky people who fashion comes easy to. Her eye for style is superb and I think sadly I may always rely on her help in that department! Stay fresh with me as we read her take on all things fashion and beauty.



My husband, Rob, is a master of meat. You can give him any cut of any meat and he will create for you the most mouth watering and delicious meal, better than any restaurant. He is also one of the most skilled mixologists I know. He presently bartends at an upscale hotel and has a passion for creating an array of complex and intriguing cocktails. We have been married almost three years and are inseparable. 

So I urge you to read on and get to know my amazing family a little better. I hope this blog will allow you to discover something that moves you. You never know what you’ll come across at Catch Bees withHoney.

No comments:

Post a Comment