Monday, April 9, 2012

A Very Merry Birthday Tea Party: Part One

This is me in all my Tea Party garb, after the surprise!

Last weekend I turned 29. I didn't really want to do anything over the top or extra special this year. Let's be honest, I'll save it for the big "three oh" next year. So a few friends, a nice home cooked dinner and some drinks on a patio is all I craved. I knew my mom had something up her sleeve though...I had plans with my bestie to lollygag around the Plaza and kill time til dinner. We had modest plans for a little shopping and some nibbles and bubbles at a happy hour somewhere. Well, in the midst of this lovely afternoon I get a phone call from my mom asking me to please let her dogs out so she didn't have to go all the way home before meeting up with us when she got off work. What!?! You want me to drive 20 minutes just to let your dogs out when I asked you before I left the house if you needed me to? Grrrr! But, my friend and I agreed to help her out and high tailed it to her house. Low and behold the most beautiful and extravagant Surprise Tea Party awaited me! I really had no clue. A lot of thought went into every detail of this shindig and I'd like to share all the hard work my mom and friends did to pull this off. I am still waiting for photos, so for now this blog shall be continued...
To see the party, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment