Saturday, April 14, 2012

Porter's First Easter

Okay, so it wasn't technically his first. However, since Porter was less than three months old last Easter this year was much more exciting and full of a lot of firsts!


He got to open his first Easter Basket. We kept it simple. Thanks to Target's dollar section, Porter got his first pinwheel, a pack of sidewalk chalk, some green bunny ears, stickers, a darling little wind up chick and of course bubbles.


Not surprisingly, I had to indulge in the silly traditional Easter candy a little bit. Some Resee's Eggs for Daddy, Kit-Kats for Mommy and a few Peeps for Porter. I'd dare say he enjoyed them!


Porter did get one real present that will carry us far in the hot summer days. I took a shallow Rubbermaid tote and filled it with sand. I threw in a few plastic toys and a watering can...and walah! Cheap, messy fun for hours!


 A first Easter wouldn't be complete for a little one without the egg hunt and Porter did really great! He knew right what to do. He found all 12 eggs and brought them to us one by one to see what was inside. It was great fun for everyone! I absolutely love watching him discover things.



After all the pint sized fun, we relaxed on my dad's new deck (built entirely from scratch by him and Josh) to enjoy some adult refreshments. Here's my dad enjoying the fruit of his labor.


My mom made us all tea infused cocktails that were really delicious and unique. 
I will be sure to have her post some recipes this week for you to enjoy!

1 comment: